The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa School of Travel Industry Management will be the leading hospitality, tourism, and transportation education and knowledge creation program in Hawai‘i and the Asia-Pacific region.
To develop and disseminate hospitality, tourism, and transportation concepts, knowledge, and skills through global leadership in teaching, research, training, and outreach. These activities contribute to economic, socio-cultural, and environmental sustainability, including supporting and enriching host cultures.
- Excellence – Promote and practice the highest standards of teaching, research, training, and outreach.
- Critical Thinking – Promote and practice free, independent, and reasoned analysis of issues.
- Integrity – Promote and practice the highest standards of ethics and accountability
- Respect – Promote and practice acceptance of diverse perspectives and cultures.
- Sustainability – Promote and practice protection and enhancement of economic, environmental, and sociocultural resources.
The TIM School is accredited through 2022 by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
Founded in 1966, the School of Travel Industry Management (TIM) possesses a rich history of innovation, growth, and change bringing it to its current status as one of the most respected programs, worldwide, in the field of hospitality, tourism, and transportation management. TIM pioneered the concept of integrating all aspects of the travel industry under a single discipline built on a foundation of management science.
TIM faculty are internationally recognized in the field of travel industry management for their academic research, international teaching, consultancy activities, and have authored numerous textbooks that are used worldwide by other hospitality programs and industry professionals. TIM staff members are qualified professionals who support the School and ensures its smooth operations.