Paper Submission Timeline
- Thursday, August 3, 2017: First call for papers released
- Monday, September 25, 2017: Paper submission system opens
- Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018: Submissions due
- Wednesday, Mar 28, 2018: Notification of acceptance
- Wednesday, Apr 28, 2018: Final revised papers due
The APF focuses on a broad range of topics relevant to research, education, and industry practices in the fields of tourism and hospitality. Presentation proposals are hereby solicited, and the lead author must be a graduate student while (s)he must list name(s) and contact information of the sponsoring faculty member(s). Papers submitted to the 2018 APF should be original and must not have been published, presented, and/or accepted in any journals or conference proceedings. All submissions will be blind-reviewed and if accepted will be published in the conference proceedings. Once accepted, authors are expected to give a 25-minute presentation except poster presentations. Authors must indicate one of the following three research tracks when submitting a paper for review.
- Completed Research Papers: To be considered for the completed research paper, authors must submit an abstract (2,000 words max including tables/figures, but excluding references) by Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018. Accepted manuscripts in this category will be considered for the “Best Paper Award”.
- Research in Progress Papers: Authors are invited to submit an abstract (1,500 words max including tables/figures, but excluding references) that are either at the proposal stage or are work in progress by Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018.
- Poster Presentations: To be considered for the poster presentation, authors must submit an abstract (1,000 words max including tables/figures, but excluding references) that are either completed or are work in progress by Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018. Please ensure that your posters do not exceed the standard dimensions: 36″ (tall) x 48″ (Wide).
Authors are invited to submit papers across a wide spectrum of tourism and hospitality related research, including but not limited to:
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality Education and Research
- Multi-disciplined Issues Related to Tourism and Hospitality Education
- Tourism Planning and Tourism Impact Assessment
- Tourism Consumer Behavior
- Policies and Regulations Affecting Tourism
- Impact and Implication of Digital Technologies and Social Media in Tourism and Hospitality
- Destination Marketing
- Sustainable Tourism and Nature/Eco-Tourism
- Contest and Cooperation on Tourism with Asia-Pacific Areas
- MICE Development and Tourism Crisis Management in Tourism Industry
- Transnational Market Analysis and Forecast
- Tourism Human Resource and Training
- E-commerce and Travel Agency Management
- Hospitality Management and Marketing
- Foodservice and Food Habits
- Stakeholders’ Cooperation in Tourism Development
- Case studies on Tourism and Hospitality Development, Marketing and Management
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English. Manuscripts will be returned if the standard of English is not considered to be good enough for publication.
- All manuscripts must be saved in PDF document and uploaded to the EasyChair system.
- Author names, affiliations, contact information, title, abstract (no more than 120 words) and key words must be directly entered in the EasyChair system.
- The first page of the manuscript should begin with the paper title only. Please do not include author names and affiliations in any part of the manuscript.
- Use one-inch margins on all sides, double-spaced, Times New Roman, and 12-point font.
- First level headings are flush left and bold. Second level headings are flush left and italic. The body text begins immediately after the heading. Indent the first sentence of each paragraph.
- References should follow APA referencing style.
- Tables and figures must be included at the end of the manuscript, after the references. Please number tables and figures sequentially as they appear in text (e.g. Table 1, Figure 1, etc.).
The paper selection committee will consider all submissions received by the deadline. All papers will be carefully blind-reviewed by reviewers to ensure an adequate standard that they demonstrate solid theoretical development, appropriate research design, pertinent data collection methods, and relevant data analyses while providing significant contributions and implications to academics and practitioners. Once accepted, acceptance notifications along with reviewers’ comments will be sent out to relevant authors.