The TIM Bachelors and Masters 4+1 program allows qualified students to start the Master of Science in Travel Industry Management as they complete the bachelor’s degree.
The combined program has the following benefits:
- Nine (9) credits, identified by the program, will double-count for both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Increases competitiveness in the job market. This combined program prepares students for advanced careers and leadership roles across the spectrum of the travel industry. According to the Census Bureau’s Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP), graduates holding a master’s degree make almost 25% more in salary than adults with only a bachelor’s degree.
- Allows students to finish all requirements for the BS and MS degrees in 5 years instead of 6 years.
The double-counted classes toward BS and MS include TIM 431, TIM 601, TIM 605/606 (depending on emphasis). TIM 601 and TIM 605/606 will count towards a TIM major’s T/T elective & hospitality elective.
- Students with hospitality management focus are required to take TIM 601 (Research Applications in Travel Industry Management) and TIM 605 (Hospitality Management).
- Students with tourism/transportation management focus need to take TIM 601 (Research Applications in Travel Industry Management) and TIM 606 (Transportation Economics and Management).