Your academic progress is taken very seriously by the University and you are expected to do the same. All undergraduates who fail to meet the minimum academic requirements of UH Manoa or their college, school or program may be placed on academic warning, probation, suspended, or dismissed. Please refer to the course catalog for more information.
BS-TIM major students must meet the following requirements (below) every fall and spring semester to maintain good academic standing. Failure to meet these requirements will result in students being placed on academic action:
- 2.0 cumulative UH Manoa GPA (transfer courses and courses completed under CR/NC option are not included)
- 2.0 TIM major core GPA
- 2.0 TIM major emphasis GPA
- *Semester GPA below a 2.0 (unofficial action)
- Satisfactory progress towards completion of BS-TIM degree requirements. This means students must be enrolled in courses required for this degree and complete these courses with acceptable grades.
Academic actions take place every fall and spring semester. All BS-TIM major students placed on academic action will be informed via email by the Records Office and TIM Office of Student Academic Services (TIM OSAS) of their academic action status and reasons for their academic action.
ACADEMIC ACTION REQUIREMENTS:
Students placed on academic action are required to complete the following items below. Failure to complete these items by the deadline(s) will result in a hold placed on your account.
- Meet with an academic advisor. Sign-up for an appointment via STAR Balance.
- Complete the academic goals worksheet PRIOR to your advising appointment.
Fall academic action: February 1
Spring academic action: July 1